Open as PDF
English - 4
Samsung takes a number of steps to protect its Internet-compatible Smart TVs against unauthorized incursions
and hacking. For example, certain sensitive communications between the TV and the Internet servers
are encrypted. In addition, the TV’s operating system has adopted controls to prevent the installation of
Although we take steps to protect your SmartTV and information, no Internet-connected device or
transmission is completely secure. We therefore encourage you to take additional steps to safeguard your TV,
secure your Internet connection, and minimize the risk of unauthorized access. These steps are listed below:
• When Samsung releases software updates to improve the security on your TV, you should promptly install
these updates. To automatically receive these updates, turn on “Auto Update” in the TV’s menu (Support
> Software Update > Auto Update). When an update is available, a popup message appears on the TV
screen. Accept the software download and update by selecting YES when prompted. Take steps to secure
your wireless router and network. Your router’s manual should provide additional details about how to
implement the following measures:
• Secure your wireless router’s management settings with a unique password to prevent unauthorized
changes to security related settings.
• Implement standard encryption (e.g., WPA2 encryption) on your wireless router to secure your
wireless network signal.
• Secure access to your wireless network with a hard-to-guess password.
• Confirm your router’s firewall setting is enabled (if so equipped).
• Make sure all your Internet connected devices are behind your network’s firewall.
• If your router or modem has a standby mode button, use it to disconnect your home network from the
Internet when it is not in use.
• Use strong passwords for all your Internet accounts (Netflix, Facebook, Skype, etc.). If your TV has a
camera, recess the camera into the TV’s bezel when it is not in use. Recessing the camera makes it
• If any unexpected messages appear on your TV screen requesting permission to link a device or enable a
remote session, do NOT accept.
• Do not visit suspicious web sites and do not install any suspicious programs. We recommend users install
only those authorized apps provided by Samsung through Samsung Smart Hub.
[UH6203-ZA]BN68-06330D-00ENG.indb 4 2014-05-23 11:27:07