Open as PDF
Battery Replacement (CDA-9815RB/CDA-
Applicable battery: Use two “AAA” sized dry batteries or equivalent.
Opening the battery cover
Slide out the battery cover while firmly pressing in the
direction of the arrow.
Replacing the battery
Insert the batteries, observing the polarities as illustrated.
Closing the cover
Slide the cover as illustrated until a click is heard.
Controllable With Remote Control
The CDA-9811R can be controlled with an optional Alpine
remote control. For details, consult your Alpine dealer.
Point the optional remote control transmitter at the remote
Connectable to Remote Control Interface Box
You can operate this unit from the vehicle's control unit when
an Alpine Remote Control Interface Box (optional) is
connected. For details, contact your Alpine dealer.
In Case of Difficulty
If you encounter a problem, please turn the power off, then on again.
If the unit is still not functioning normally, please review the items in
the following checklist. This guide will help you isolate the problem
if the unit is at fault. Otherwise, make sure the rest of your system is
properly connected or consult your authorized Alpine dealer.
No function or display.
• Vehicle's ignition is off.
- If connected following instructions, the unit will not
operate with the vehicle's ignition off.
• Improper power lead connections.
- Check power lead connections.
• Blown fuse.
- Check the fuse on the battery lead of the unit; replace with
the proper value if necessary.
• Internal micro-computer malfunctioned due to interference
- Press the RESET switch with a ballpoint pen or other
Unable to receive stations.
• No antenna or open connection in cable.
- Make sure the antenna is properly connected;
replace the antenna or cable if necessary.
Unable to tune stations in the seek mode.
• You are in a weak signal area.
- Make sure the tuner is in the DX mode.
• If the area you are in is a primary signal area, the antenna may
not be grounded and connected properly.
- Check your antenna connections; make sure the antenna is
properly grounded at its mounting location.
• The antenna may not be the proper length.
- Make sure the antenna is fully extended; if broken, replace
the antenna with a new one.
Broadcast is noisy.
• The antenna is not the proper length.
- Extend the antenna fully; replace it if it is broken.
• The antenna is poorly grounded.
- Make sure the antenna is grounded properly at its mounting
CD Player/Changer not functioning.
• Out of operating temperature range +50˚C (+120˚F) for CD.
- Allow the vehicle's interior (or trunk) temperature to cool.
CD playback sound is wavering.
• Moisture condensation in the CD Module.
- Allow enough time for the condensation to evaporate (about
Remote control sensor