Open as PDF
English - 29
Securing the TV to the Wall
Caution: Pulling, pushing, or climbing on the TV may cause the TV to fall.
In particular, ensure your children do not hang on or destabilize the TV.
Doing so may cause the TV to tip over, causing serious injuries or death.
Follow all safety precautions provided in the Safety Flyer included with your
TV. For added stability and safety, you can purchase and install the anti-fall
device as described below.
To Prevent the TV from Falling
These are general instructions. The clamps, screws, and string are not supplied by Samsung. They must be
purchased separately. We suggest consulting an installation service or professional TV installer for specific
hardware and anti-fall hardware installation.
1. Put the screws into the clamps and firmly fasten them onto the wall. Confirm that the screws have been
firmly installed onto the wall.
‐ You may need additional material such as an anchor depending on the type of wall.
2. Remove the screws from the back center of the TV, put the screws into the clamps, and then fasten the
screws onto the TV again.
‐ These screws may not be supplied with the TV. If they are not,
purchase screws with the following specifications:
• For a 46 - 65 inch model: M8
3. Connect the clamps fixed onto the TV and the clamps fixed onto the
wall with a durable, heavy-duty string, and then tie the string tightly.
• Install the TV near to the wall so that it does not fall backwards.
• Connect the string so that the clamps fixed on the wall are at the
same height to or lower than the clamps fixed on the TV.
• Untie the string before moving the TV.
4. Verify all connections are properly secured. Periodically check the
connections for any sign of fatigue or failure. If you have any doubt
about the security of your connections, contact a professional
[UH6203-ZA]BN68-06330D-00ENG.indb 29 2014-05-23 11:27:17