Open as PDF
Data Size: B6L (182 mm x 128 mm)
Book Size: B6L (182 mm x 128 mm)
CONTENTS BEFORE USE
Do not operate any function that takes your attention away from safe driving.
• Adjust the volume so that you can hear sounds outside the car to prevent accidents.
• Lower the volume before playing digital sources to avoid damaging the speakers by the sudden increase of
the output level.
• Avoid using the USB device or iPod/iPhone if it might hinder safe driving.
• Make sure all important data has been backed up. We shall bear no responsibility for any loss of recorded
• Never put or leave any metallic objects (such as coins or metal tools) inside the unit, to prevent a short
• If a disc error occurs due to condensation on the laser lens, eject the disc and wait for the moisture to
Remote control (RC-406):
• Do not leave the remote control in hot places such as on the dashboard.
• The Lithium battery is in danger of explosion if replaced incorrectly. Replace it only with the same or
• The battery pack or batteries shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like.
• Keep the battery out of reach of children and in its original packaging when not in used. Dispose of used
batteries promptly. If swallowed, contact a physician immediately.
BEFORE USE 2
GETTING STARTED 4
CD / USB / iPod 6
SiriusXM® Radio 10
AUDIO SETTINGS 17
DISPLAY SETTINGS 18
MORE INFORMATION 18
How to read this manual
• Operations are explained mainly
using buttons on the faceplate.
indicates the selected items.
indicates references are
available on the stated page.
Cleaning the unit: Wipe off dirt on the faceplate with a dry silicone or soft cloth.
Cleaning the connector: Detach the faceplate and clean the connector
gently with a cotton swab, being careful not to damage the connector.
• Do not touch the recording surface of the disc.
• Do not stick tape etc. on the disc, or use a disc with tape stuck on it.
• Do not use any accessories for the disc.
• Clean from the center of the disc and move outward.
• Clean the disc with a dry silicone or soft cloth. Do not use any solvents.
• When removing discs from this unit, pull them out horizontally.
• Remove burrs from the center hole and disc edge before inserting a disc.
Connector (on the reverse
side of the faceplate)
EN_KDC_X598_KWK0_f.indd 2EN_KDC_X598_KWK0_f.indd 2 8/11/2013 5:11:35 PM8/11/2013 5:11:35 PM