Open as PDF
Data Size: B6L (182 mm x 128 mm)
Book Size: B6L (182 mm x 128 mm)
INSTALLATION / CONNECTION
• The unit can only be used with a 12V DC power supply, negative
• Disconnect the battery’s negative terminal before wiring and
• Do not connect Battery wire (yellow) and Ignition wire (red) to the
car chassis or Ground wire (black) to prevent a short circuit.
• Insulate unconnected wires with vinyl tape to prevent a short circuit.
• Be sure to ground this unit to the car’s chassis again after
• For safety’s sake, leave wiring and mounting to professionals.
Consult the car audio dealer.
• Install this unit in the console of your vehicle. Do not touch the metal
parts of this unit during and shortly after use of the unit. Metal parts
such as the heat sink and enclosure become hot.
• Do not connect the
wires of speakers to the car chassis or Ground
wire (black), or connect them in parallel.
Mount the unit at an angle of less than 30º.
• If your vehicle wiring harness does not have the ignition terminal,
connect Ignition wire (red) to the terminal on the vehicle’s fuse box
which provides 12 V DC power supply and is turned on and off by the
• After the unit is installed, check whether the brake lamps, blinkers,
wipers, etc. on the car are working properly.
• If the fuse blows, first make sure the wires are not touching car’s
chassis, then replace the old fuse with one that has the same rating.
Remove the key from the ignition switch, then
disconnect the [ terminal of the car battery.
2 Connect the wires properly.
See Wiring connection.
3 Install the unit to your car.
See Installing the unit (in-dash mounting).
4 Connect the [ terminal of the car battery.
5 Reset the unit.
Do the required wiring.
Bend the appropriate tabs to hold the
mounting sleeve firmly in place.
How to remove the unit
Detach the faceplate.
2 Fit the catch pin on the extraction keys
into the holes on both sides of the trim
plate, then pull it out.
3 Insert the extraction keys deeply into the
slots on each side, then follow the arrows
as shown on the right.
Installing the unit (in-dash mounting)
When installing without the mounting sleeve
Remove the mounting sleeve and trim plate from
2 Align the holes in the unit (on both sides) with the
vehicle mounting bracket and secure the unit with
screws (commercially available).
Use only the specified screws. Using wrong screws might damage the unit.
Hook on the top side
Orientate the trim plate as
illustrated before fitting.
EN_KDC_X598_KWK0_f.indd 22EN_KDC_X598_KWK0_f.indd 22 8/11/2013 5:11:41 PM8/11/2013 5:11:41 PM