Open as PDF
1. Press the AUDIO button and select the F.I.E. mode (FIE) in the Audio
• When the H.P.F. function is ON, you cannot switch to the F.I.E. mode.
• After switching the F.I.E. function ON, select the Fader/Balance mode in the Audio Menu, and
adjust front and rear speaker volume levels until they are balanced.
• When the Rear Speaker Lead setting is “REAR SP:S/W”, you cannot switch to the F.I.E. mode.
(Refer to page 40.)
• Switch the F.I.E. function OFF when using a 2-speaker system.
Source Level Adjustment (SLA)
The SLA (Source Level Adjustment) function prevents radical leaps in volume level when
switching between sources. Settings are based on the FM volume level, which remains
1. Compare the FM volume with the volume of the other source.
(e.g. Built-in CD player.)
2. Press the AUDIO button and select the SLA mode (SLA) in the Audio Menu.
• Since the FM volume is the control, SLA is not possible in the FM modes.
• The Built-in CD player and Multi-CD player are set to the same volume adjustment setting auto-
• The AM volume level, which is different from the FM base setting volume level, can also be
adjusted similar to sources other than tuner.
3. Increase or decrease the level
with the 5/∞ buttons.
The display shows “+4” – “–4”.
3. Select the desired frequency
with the 2/3 buttons.
100 += 160 += 250 (Hz)
2. Switch the F.I.E. function
ON/OFF with the 5/∞ but-