Open as PDF
Before turning on the power
In order to receive coded digital stations, a Common
Interface Module (CI Module) and a CA Card must be
inserted in the CI slot of the TV.
The CI Module and the CA Card are not supplied
accessories. They are usually available from your
Inserting the CA Card into the CI Module
With the side with the
gold coloured contact
chip facing the side of
the CI Module marked
with the provider’s
logo, push the CA Card
into the CI Module as far as it will go. Note the
direction of the arrow printed on the CA Card.
Inserting the CI Module in the CI slot
2 Carefully insert the CI Module in the CI slot with
the contact side forward. The
logo on the CI Module must be
facing outward from the rear of
the TV. Do not use excessive
force. Make sure the module is
not bent in the process.
Checking CI Module information
1 Press MENU and the “MENU” screen is shown.
2 Press c/d to select “Extras” menu.
3 Press c/d to select “CA module”, and then
• The content of this menu depends on the provider of
the CI Module.
General information on CI Module displays.
Adjustment parameters of each CA Card displays.
You can input numerical values such as passwords here.
The content of each screen depends on the provider of
the CI Module.
Inserting a CA Card
• Make sure that the CI module is properly inserted.
• This menu is only available for digital stations.
• It takes about 30 seconds to certify the license key when you insert a CA card into the CI+ compatible CI module for the first
time. This process may fail when there is no antenna input or you have never run “Auto installation”.
• The CI+ compatible CI module sometimes upgrades its firmware. You may not receive any TV images before upgrading. You
can only use the power button during upgrading.
• The CI+ compatible CI module does not allow you to output any copy protected programmes using monitor out.
• If the TV displays an update confirmation message for the CA card while receiving CI+ compatible broadcasts, follow the
1 Carefully insert the CI
Module in the CI slot
with the contact side
2 The logo on the CI
Module must be
facing outward from
the rear of the TV.
Place the TV close to the
AC outlet, and keep the
power plug within reach.
Product shape varies
in some countries.
(IEC 169-2) 75q