Open as PDF
• Cleaning—Unplug the AC cord from the AC outlet before cleaning the product. Use a damp cloth to clean the product. Do
not use liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners.
• Use a soft damp cloth to gently wipe the panel when it is dirty. To protect the panel, do not use a chemical cloth to clean
it. Chemicals may cause damage or cracks in the cabinet of the TV.
• Water and moisture—Do not use the product near water, such as a bathtub, washbasin, kitchen sink,
laundry tub, swimming pool or in a wet basement.
• Do not place vases or any other water-filled containers on this product. The water may spill onto the
product causing fire or electric shock.
• Stand—Do not place the product on an unstable trolley, stand, tripod or table. Doing so can cause
the product to fall, resulting in serious personal injuries as well as damage to the product. Use only
a trolley, stand, tripod, bracket or table recommended by the manufacturer or sold with the product.
When mounting the product on a wall, be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Use only the
mounting hardware recommended by the manufacturer.
• When relocating the product placed on a trolley, it must be moved with utmost care. Sudden stops,
excessive force and uneven floor surface can cause the product to fall from the trolley.
• Ventilation—The vents and other openings in the cabinet are designed for ventilation. Do not cover or
block these vents and openings since insufficient ventilation can cause overheating and/or shorten the
life of the product. Do not place the product on a bed, sofa, rug or other similar surface, since they can
block ventilation openings. This product is not designed for built-in installation; do not place the product in an enclosed
place such as a bookcase or rack, unless proper ventilation is provided or the manufacturer’s instructions are followed.
For ventilation, leave a free space of, at least, 10 cm all around the set.
• The LCD panel used in this product is made of glass. Therefore, it can break when the product is
dropped or impact applied. If the LCD panel is broken, be careful not to be injured by broken glass.
• Heat sources—Keep the product away from heat sources such as radiators, heaters, stoves and other
heat-generating products (including amplifiers).
• Headphones—Do not set the volume at a high level. Hearing experts advise against extended listening at
high volume levels.
• To prevent fire, never place any type of candle or naked flames on the top or near the TV set.
• To prevent fire or shock hazard, do not place the AC cord under the TV set or other heavy items.
• Do not display a still picture for a long time, as this could damage the LCD screen.
• There is always power consumption if main plug is connected. Be aware that only way to disconnect
mains power from your TV is to unplug mains plug from the wall, it shall remain readily operable during
use of your product.
• Servicing—Do not attempt to service the product yourself. Removing covers can expose you to high voltage and other
dangerous conditions. Request a qualified person to perform servicing.
The LCD panel is a high technology product, giving you fine picture details.
Due to the very large number of pixels, occasionally a few non-active pixels may appear on the screen as a fixed point of
blue, green or red. This is within product specifications and does not constitute a fault.
Precautions when transporting the TV
When transporting the TV, never carry it by holding onto the speakers. Be sure to always carry the TV by two people holding
it with two hands—one hand on each side of the TV.
Dear SHARP customer
Thank you for your purchase of the SHARP LCD colour TV product. To ensure safety and many years of trouble-
free operation of your product, please read the Important Safety Precautions carefully before using this product.
Important Safety Precautions
Cautions regarding use in high and low temperature environments
• When the TV is used in a low temperature space (e.g. room, office), the picture may leave trails or appear slightly delayed. This
is not a malfunction, and the TV will recover when the temperature returns to normal.
• Do not leave the TV in a hot or cold location. Also, do not leave the TV in a location exposed to direct sunlight or near a heater,
as this may cause the cabinet to deform and the LCD panel to malfunction.
Storage temperature: -20 °C to e60 °C.
Caution : DANGEROUS VOLTAGE INSIDE !
TO PREVENT ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT REMOVE COVER. NO-USER SERVICEABLE PARTS
INSIDE. REFER SERVICING TO QUALIFIED SERVICE PERSONAL.